Thursday, June 26, 2008

I can't believe it has already been two weeks since Mylee was born. She is growing so fast, it's unbelievable. She had her first doctor's appointment on Tuesday, and she has already gained a pound. It makes me glad that I have the whole summer to do nothing but enjoy her and watch her grow. I can't help but sit and hold her all day and stare at her. And of course RJ is a proud daddy. I have to fight him for a chance to hold her. He has been so helpful and supportive, and it has made things so much easier for me. He actually gets mad at me if I don't wake him up at night and give him an opportunity to help out. I feel incredibly blessed both because he is so awesome and because Mylee is such a content baby.


Mylee is finally starting to sleep better at night. She will sleep 3 hours before waking me up, which has been a nice change from her previous 1 hour stints. As a result, I feel a lot more alert and willing to get stuff done during the day. Mylee sure is cute when she sleeps too! She loves having her hands up by her face. My favorite though is when she stretches. It's pretty adorable.




Her little feet and hands are my favorite too! =) They are already getting bigger. She's growing up too fast!


Yesterday we went down to Longmont to celebrate Justin's 5th birthday. It was fun to get out of the house and see everybody, and Katie made me smile because she kept asking if she could hold "Mylee Sue". She did a really good job too. Mylee was a little fussy, but quieted right down when Katie was holding her. I feel very blessed to have family close by for Mylee to grow up with. They sure spoil her with lots of love and attention. Now all I need to do is convince my parents and all my siblings to move closer =).




Gramps was fun to watch with Mylee too. He kept telling us that if we decided we didn't want her he'd take her home with him. I like her too much to give her up, but I am willing to share. =) So anyone is welcome to come over anytime!

4 comments:

Chelsey said...

Teila she is just adorable!! Congratulations on having her. Babies are so precious. Enjoy her while she's still tiny and stays where you put her down :) She really is beautiful!!!

Kendall and Melissa said...

Oh my heck Teila!! What a doll!! Congrats!! I wanted to call, but somehow in our move our palm pilot with all our phone numbers died and it erased everything!! So now I need to get everyone's contact info again. But congrats so much. What a beautiful girl and such a cute name!! I love it!!!

Lilet said...

Congrats on the baby! She is very cute!! They are so cute when they are that little and cuddly. :) And I love that name, very cute.

Nicholas said...

Teila! Congratulations on the new addition to your family. Kids are great. Just wait until she can actually do something, then it's even better.

Do any of your other siblings have blogs? We'd love to be able to keep in touch better with all of you. Diana does one for us... --> www.ndwyatt.blogspot.com

Oh, and I'm totally jealous of your one dog (husky).

-Nick Wyatt